Sunday 3 January 2016

Happy New Year



Jan and I have just returned from two weeks in the UK with our grandchildren for Christmas and New Year.  

In previous years the PBEM campaign continued through the holidays, and I always took a laptop to update the campaign.   This year the campaign is in its final stages.   The last orders have been received and processed.   Four of the five campaign areas have been completed, leaving just Wellington v Soult to complete.

Wellington has one final battle to fight, and in the next few days I will be setting up the last wargame of the campaign.

There are still about 15 blog entries to be posted on the campaign diary blog.   Only three of those have still be written, and must wait for the result of the final battle.

So for the first time in six years I have been completely wargame free for two whole weeks.  It seemed very strange at first, but I soon got used to it.  

Having returned home I am now catching up on the campaign.   Just posed the final diary entry for the campaign in southern Spain.   The Spanish won this final phase.   In 1813 there was not much difference in quality between the Spanish and French armies in the Peninsula, so this is not such an unexpected result.

Over the coming weeks I will completing the campaign diary blog, and will then start work on the new solo campaign.

You can find the 1813 PBEM campaign diary here

Happy New Year to all, both those who have followed my ramblings over the years and to any new reader who just discovered this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have set the settings for comments to come to me before posting so that I will not miss any