Tuesday 6 December 2011

The battle of Orthez

Table at the start of Orthez wargame

The PBEM campaign is developing well, and is both fun and very time consuming. But it is proving reluctant to produce a battle for Jan and I to wargame. I suspect that this is because I have allowed the corps commanders much more freedom of choice than in the previous campaign. I sense that they are a little reluctant to commit to a full battle, which is perfectly understandable.
However it does mean that Jan and I have gone a week without our wargame fix. So we have decided to fit in one of our Wellington in the Peninsula battles. We planned these one off games to be a bit of light relief from the more serious campaign games.
Orthez will be game number twelve in the series. It’s hard to believe that it was almost two years ago that we played Rolica, which was the first.
We had previously walked all of the battlefields in the series, which made it even more interesting to play as a wargame.
I have published the game set up and will be posting one move each day as we fight the battle. You can find it at

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have set the settings for comments to come to me before posting so that I will not miss any