Thursday 28 May 2009

Blog Review 9



General
I have tidied up the blogs by putting an index on each one. So it should be quite easy for anyone new to the blogs to find the part of the campaign they are interested in. I will be keeping all of the blogs up to date as the campaign progresses, but most of the new material will be on the following blogs:

Magdeburg Campaign

I have done a lot of work on this blog lately, mainly because of the almost daily battle reports. So it is a little disappointing that it does not seem to get as much interest as this blog. I am not sure whether this is because the battle reports are too complicated, or because the number of blogs is confusing.

The Battle of Helmstedt is going on much longer than expected. It is a large battle, so to photographs it all takes 4 each side of the table. I have also taken one from the end to show the whole battle. And finally I have typed a description of the moves. And as I publish one for each move, it is proving a lot of work. I will continue until we finish the game, and then reconsider how to do the battle reports.

The game itself is going really well. It looked like it would be a walk over for the Prussians, until a bad dice throw changed the whole game overnight. So we have really enjoyed the game to date.

Wargames in Spain

This is a new blog to cover the games we have played since we arrived in 2006. I used to photograph them anyway as a personal record, so I thought it might be a good idea to start a blog so that I have them easily available.

I hope to do one of these every couple of days.

Walking Napoleonic Battlefields

Reached the end of the Waterloo visit. Next will be our first visit to Portugal and Spain. I will start a new blog so that there will be one blog for each battlefield.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I have set the settings for comments to come to me before posting so that I will not miss any